Friday, April 1, 2011

bound to happen

Today is my birthday. Since I do my best not to work on my birthday, I was going to do a simple drawing but ended up finishing the one I started yesterday. Not that drawing is work, I just didn't know how much I would be home today. A girlfriend of mine & I were going to go to Banff but in the end, I decided the shooting range & lunch with wine would be more fun (in that order). We're meeting friends tonight so why bother driving all the way to Banff when you can't hang out & enjoy it?

So, shooting at The Shooting Edge and lunch at Bonterra. Should be great fun!

Funny thing is that someone asked last Sunday where April Fool's Day originated from. After 40 years of having my birthday on April Fool's Day, I have never looked it up & had NO idea. Weird for me. Guess I never cared.
For a quick summary: before the Gregorian Calendar was introduced, New Years was celebrated from March 25 to April 1 (with New Year's Day being April 1). Once the new calendar was introduced and due to how information was passed around, not everyone knew of the change back in the 1500's. Some people either refused to accept the new calendar or simply had no idea so they still celebrated New Years Day on April 1 & were in turn called fools. That's a quick history lesson. (:
Another funny thing is that I always do my 'new years resolutions' on my birthday since it's MY new year (if I do any at all). Oddly enough, that used to be the actual new year's day.

In any case, drawing my yarn was inevitable. This was started yesterday, as mentioned, & I finished it today by adding the darker tones & shadows. Totally looks like the blue yarn sitting on my sofa waiting to be used.

365-201 202

No comments:

Post a Comment