![]() |
| taken in Stavanger Norway April 2012 |
Needless to say, I've been going through some shit lately - probably longer than I care to admit. I'm not going to get into the details here but I find it interesting that things always cross your path exactly (or nearly exactly) when you need them.
As most of you know, I have a personal life coach. Robyn is great; I've had her in my life since 2008. She has been assisting me with my recent shit & often has new ways for me to look at my life or the struggles I feel I have in my life. She sent me a link from Werner Erhard about happiness this morning. Funny thing is, I was thinking about happiness just this morning on my way to the gym & before I got the link from her (or read Eugene's blog - see below). I was thinking about how I often think that happiness has to be this BIG thing - like I have to be "over the moon" most of the time to be happy; which is ridiculous. I recall when I was younger having this saying that "I had my cranky pants on" when I was in an off mood. I used this phrase because the analogy was that I could "take them off" anytime & be happy or just change my mood altogether to something better. This is what Werner Erhard is basically saying in his post.
This morning I had also read Eugene's blog & found it quite fitting as to how I was feeling last night & as of late. I felt very disconnected from my friends this past weekend & was feeling sorry for myself in many ways. Eugene's blog reminded me that we are never alone & to appreciate where we are - wherever that may be - right now. (There is only now after all.)
Being happy is a choice & it is that simple. I have been choosing to be unhappy (by default of what I happen to see my life as being) & I will admit, it is tough to get out of my own head when I'm in that state. Everything that is going on is just a story anyway. I can either chose to view it as a good story or a crummy story.
It's my choice.
PS I like using the word "ridiculous". (:

No comments:
Post a Comment