Back in 2010, I chose to be creative everyday for a year. All around, it turned out rather well but, I have to admit, that there were times that I simply did not know what to do. Obviously I managed but I cannot say it was an easy task.
This time, I made it simpler for myself - take photograph everyday for a year. That sounds easy enough, doesn't it? Someone said I can take an image of basically anything I want during this project and that may be true, to a certain extent, but I do not see that as the point of this project. Although, since I started taking photos Easter weekend this year (2016), I have definitely used that point a few times already. Ultimately though, I want to learn something from this journey. What? Time will tell.
This first post of 2016 will be of my images of Easter weekend.
I was with a friend of mine downtown Calgary. We initially started at the Devonian Gardens but there wasn't anything interesting to shoot there so we moved on.
Where I had the most fun was at the "The Family of Man" as well as The Bow (the building not the river), downtown Calgary. We started at The Bow so I will post those first.
This is really the classic shot in many ways - looking up the nose (if you will).
This is likely another classic shot - one that has been taken a million times...
This one is from a different point of view and to be honest, I like it!
From here I moved on and my friend left. I walked over the the Family of Man (which is a block away from the Bow). The first one is as though this fellow is giving the Bow a hug.
It is surprising what you see when you LOOK.
And of course, because I saw this, I went back to the Bow....
I believe that is enough for my first photo (singular) of the year. It was a fun afternoon! Great to have my camera out.
PS I'm going to do my best to limit the number of photos I post; this may be tough on days when I have a subject I like yet easy on days when I'm constantly looking around for inspiration.
No comments:
Post a Comment