It has been a year (more or less) since I started my photograph a day and I posted, I believe, once.
I retrospect, I didn't really enjoy it. Sure, there were days that I took some fantastic images and there were other day when I simply did not. I'd leave work realizing that I had not taken a photo yet (and what would I have taken a photo OF exactly by that point? my desk?) and had to go home or somewhere to take an image. There are quite few images of things in my condo, that's for sure.
I did enjoy my previous endeavour of being creative everyday for a year (which is how this blog started) - more options! or maybe I was in a different head space. I likely could have drawn/sketched more this past year and maybe that would have been enough. Difficult to say at this point. Basically, it wasn't what I was thinking it would be last year when I started. Tomorrow is my last day of the year. I forgot to take a photo only 3 days.
There were some fun times over the past year though. The one of the best being the fire hydrant study. I have only one image on Flickr:
I plan to post more about this study later...
I did enjoy my images in my bicycle mirror (not "reflective" of my blog title). (:
And my fav (the last shot done this way)

Probably my favourite shot of the year is of my brother. He "took one for the team". I said I always wanted to know how long the white lines were on the road. I did go through this when I was younger (in my teens) so I had a bit of a clue. A construction worker beside where I live asked what we were doing and I told him. I also had a tape measure with me and mentioned to him that the white lines are 3.1 metres (basically 10 feet).
Thank you Michael! xox
No comments:
Post a Comment