Monday, November 14, 2022

contours

Lately I have been exploring blind contour drawings. I am really enjoying them! I recently found a sketch group to join. I don't go every week; I seem to go every other week it seems.

I have talked about blind contour drawings to a few people and mentioned it to one person at the sketch group. I told him what to do and suggested giving it a go one time. When I went the next time after I mentioned it, he hadn't drawn any so I said we would practice them right then.
I had my sunglasses so I placed them on the table and explained again how to do it (pen down, don't look at the page, and don't lift the pen). If you lift the pen/pencil or if you look at your page, that's when you're done! 😊

We and another gal gave it a go. She was on the other side of the sunglasses and he and I were on the same side. His drawings were very basic; mostly rounded shapes (I feel he was feeling a bit shy about it since it was totally new to him). He didn't follow the exact form. Mine turned out rather well and I ended up colouring them in! I have not done that before and I quite like the end result. 

sunglasses

I used lines for some fills and pixelated others. I will continue to explore this. I like it because I definitely gravitate toward realism. I love how abstract these drawings end up. I may just do them even larger and see what happens!! 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment