Sunday, January 15, 2012

prose

Occasionally I write poetry. Not poetry in the traditional sense being that it does not rhyme or anything. Generally, it's thoughts I have & I put them on paper in some sort of visual manner - or they are for me. Ultimately, they are all just short stories.

I started the piece below on January 8 & fixed it up today. It may or may not be done but for some reason I wanted to post it. It means something yet nothing all at the same time.

Wondering

Sunshine surrounds her
Warmth radiates from her heart
& she embraces life with love.

She has walked alone for many years
occasionally stumbling but always
finding her footing again & again.

She looks for strays to be close to.
Some appear to admire her, love her
but none of them stay long.

She has felt pain; emotional pain
all due to love.
Eventually the pain dissipates & she stands strong.

Alone...
again.
When will it be forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment