It has been nearly a month since my 365 project was complete. Clearly I needed time away from it since I haven't drawn anything since; I have done some photography, as the posts have shown.
I haven't done the review of my year yet & may do that tomorrow, we'll see. For now, I am posting the original drawing of the last drawing I did in my 365 project. It was completed in 1988.
This drawing has my signature on it but I cut it off in the photo I took since it wasn't important to see in the photo. I'm happy to report that the drawing was dated ('88). So I was 18 when I drew it the first time. There certainly has been improvements.
Below is the image from September 11, 2011. The drawing from 1988 has yellowed & the photograph isn't the greatest (my flash was too close then too far).
The eye is better by far - if I want the eye to look like a true to life eye. I drew hands lots back then so the hand is quite good & not as 'sketchy' as the one I did in September - I knew that difference would be there. The hand (in the 1988 drawing) or mostly the thumb looks like my actual hand. The main difference in the hand itself to my actual hand in the 1988 drawing is the nails on the fingers. The drawing from September has elongated fingers which is what I wanted since I did want slight differences between the two drawings and I knew I had drawn my hand as my hand's actual size when I drew it the first time. I hadn't seen the drawing before I drew it again so when I dug it out, it was a bit of a surprise how I did it the first time.
I like them both. They're good in their own ways.


No comments:
Post a Comment