Saturday, October 1, 2011

first autumn hike

Last Sunday we finally hiked Galatea Creek up to lower Galatea Lake. Since it was Sunday, we did not continue to upper Galatea Lake due to time restraints. Along the way we passed Lillian Lake also. It is a gorgeous hike and yes, I feel like I sound like a broken record. What hike in the mountains is not gorgeous?
As I have mentioned before, I have stopped taking my 7d with me when hike; at least I have lately. I have enjoyed getting to practice with my S95 and it really does take great shots. I actually considered taking the 7d last week and only bring my 100mm macro lens just for fun - I've hike that way before. Instead, I opted to use the macro on the S95 and it performed well. I also took a few wide angle shots, of course. I played with the aspect ratio on the camera so these are all shot at 16:9 format. I cropped the last shot on this post in Photoshop™. I really should have paid more attention to changing the image when I was taking each shot since some did not suit the 16:9 ratio. I'm not used to having that ability in the camera I'm using.

view
This is a view from the trail on the way back to the trailhead. I did take a few at the lake but since it was overcast, the sky was too white for my liking.

red
I love red in autumn colours & Alberta is really lacking red. I don't know what plant this is but it's red so I took a photo. I also like the green leaves which were turning red.

bee
The bee in this image was VERY busy. It was on that flower so long that I was watching it thinking I could take a photo yet thinking again that it would move if I got my camera out. I just kept watching it & even when I did take the camera out, it left and came right back. Good of it to pose for me. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment