Saturday, September 24, 2011

trying to survive

Last Sunday was our last hike of the summer of 2011. What a difference in weather compared to what tomorrow will bring (29C & sunshine). I wasn't focused on sunshine apparently last Sunday until we were on our descent. The overnight had left a dusting of snow & the weather was a wee bit chilly.
fog & snow
We unintentionally hiked Mount Galatea instead of the intended Galatea Creek hike - not realizing the difference until we were up there. I was told there were 3 lakes & Mount Galatea from the Chester Lake approach has 3 lakes but I think that hike is actually called the "Three Lake hike" - I'm totally making that up. I have no idea what it's called. Either way; easy, low elevation hike but my legs were tired from the hike the day before so I'm glad it wasn't higher. We turned around at the top of one crest since it was windy & downright cold.
where we stopped
Maybe we'll do it again some day - not this year clearly.

This little flower was along the trail on the way up so this is out of order. I took a few shots of flowers with snow on them but this is my favourite. I like that the face is totally covered with snow.
trying to survive

And this tree I saw on the way up and took the image on the descent. It totally looks like a torso & legs. I was trying to sort out how to get one of my friends heads in the shot & have it make sense but no luck. It looks like tweezers from the other angle.
legs

No comments:

Post a Comment