Monday, September 5, 2011

my final week

I thought of going sketching with my sister again today but then thought perhaps I could work on a project that would take longer or perhaps even the rest of the week. That didn't happen.

I had an idea to draw one of the butterfly photos I took when I went to the zoo a month or so ago. I figured it would take awhile to draw but I was wrong. I have had it set out on my drafting table for quite some time; yet, just tonight I chose to work on it. I am happy with the stage it's at so I feel it's complete. It is done with oil pastels on pale green pastel paper.

365-287e

365-359

I did not use my blender like I did with the baby portrait. The colours of the drawing are not as strong as the image and the flower is a bit on the pink side. Perhaps I'll keep working on it after all...

Sometimes though, things are just best left as a photograph.

1 comment:

  1. You're on the home stretch! What an achievement. It's been fun following it all year long!

    ReplyDelete