Today is the last day of my 365 creative project. I will go through what I have done later this week/month & reflect on what my favourites are/were. For now, I ended with a drawing of things that are my favourite things to draw - eyes & hands - and I drew them with graphite (also my fav).
I thought of doing something 'significant' as my last drawing but it's not as though my drawings/photography will end. I'll get into that more on the reflective post.
Thinking about it now though, I suppose the drawing I did is somewhat significant. I have drawn this image before & I plan to find it & post it on this blog (hopefully it's dated). The reason I think this drawing is significant is for one, today is September 11 & it is the 10 year anniversary of that dreadful event in New York City (which I will not get into). Also, it is the end of my 365 project which is sad in some respects & yet a bit of a relief in others.
I drew the eye without looking at an eye but my hand was right there so I looked when I needed to. I purposefully elongated the hand & made it sketchy. I wanted the eye to be the focused part yet the hand is connected with the drop of the tear. I don't know why I initially thought of drawing these two subjects together so many years ago, perhaps I was sad one day. I have since thought of that old drawing & wondered where it was. I drew it again because for some reason I needed to and not because I'm sad, just because it just speaks to me and that's what art is all about.
Oddly enough, I used the last page of my 8.5x11 Bateman cover series sketchbook today. Another completion.

No comments:
Post a Comment