I took a photograph of a friend of mine a month or more ago. I have drawn from another one in the past and this one is a different pose. I had this vision to do a black/white with shapes type of drawing. I used a red tone instead of black since I needed a colour for his hair and that ended up being black. I made a slight error when colouring in the hair so I added a few locks of hair down the forehead to cover it up. Seemed logical although I did try to erase it initially.
I am not putting the reference photo up since it really is irrelevant.
I like how this turned out & my friend (who is the subject) loves it - he saw it last night after I finished it. I love the shadows of the clavicle bones at the shoulders as well as the pecs. He is a very lean individual so seeing definition was a great bonus. I did fix the nose slightly this morning & added the hair down the forehead, as I mentioned. Otherwise, all was completed last night.

No comments:
Post a Comment