Saturday, September 24, 2011

this way please

Last Saturday I went hiking at Cory Edith Pass with a friend from the gym. She had 2 other girlfriends with her & I was supposed to have 4 others with me but the weather was calling for rain so my friends were not ready when at the last minute we chose to go (actually one friend went before the gal from the gym chose to go after all). It was a great hike & I could see going again when it's a full sunshine day. The weather was decent all around - sunshine at times & overcast at other times. We had a bit of drizzle on the descent near the trailhead which was ok cuz it was a sun-shower. This hike is considered to be the hardest hike in Banff National Park & I do not agree. It is more technical with the scrambles & bouldering but if you like that, it's not hard.

I took my wee camera with me as usual now-a-days. Nice not to have the weight of the 7D.
this way
This was after the scramble down some fairly steep terrain. The trail was not well marked in some places so we were kinda guessing at times. Always great to see a sign like this once you make an unknown turn on some rocks & head down (hoping that you don't have to head back up!).

the view
These are just a few shot along the way - out of order from the ones posted already.
sap bent

edith rock
I really liked that I saw this. Someone else had made this rock & I like the photo op I had. Too bad the sky was overcast at the time I was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment