Sunday, September 11, 2011

impossible

I chose to draw simon (my "manikin") last night. I tried to bend it into a pose that seemed tough yet interesting to draw. When I say 'tough' I meant, can I bend that way? At the end of it all, how it was posing was impossible for most anyone (aside from perhaps Cirque du Soleil performers). I kept changing the way I was seeing simon so it's almost an optical illusion. If you look at the torso, it could be the back yet the way I had it posed, it was the chest. If it is the back, the head is attached incorrectly - there are eyes in the back of the head. (:

365-364

I wanted simon to look like it wasn't a mannequin but actually had muscles so the drawing shows some definition in the glutes, arms & chest (if it's his chest when you look at it). The extended leg in the front looks hyper-extended at the knee. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment