Sunday, October 2, 2011

sweet potato

As we were driving to Yamnuska today, one friend of mine was commenting about my short form for the hike - Yam. When I texted him about hiking Sunday, all I said was "Yam Sunday?" and he thought I meant "yes, Sunday" referring to hiking happening in general. He wondered what "Yam" meant. (: So we hiked Yamnuska. It's a great hike. Close to Calgary & a quick hike. Only 40 minutes from Calgary and the hike took us only 4.25 hours with an elevation gain apparently of 900m. I have two favourite parts on that hike - the chain around a dodgy corner (which used to be a cord) - and the scree. The scree is fun. It's a gentle 'float' down the mountain. It does not get you to the bottom but it certainly cuts down the descent time hiking down.

cliffin the clouds

hikers
view from lunch stop

scree
wheeeeeeeeee......

No comments:

Post a Comment