Wednesday, October 20, 2010

catching up

I did not post the last few drawings I did before I left so here they are. I drew in a coffee shop when I was waiting for my friend to show up - this is the same day I did the painting. This fellow I sketched was with someone else but I did not have time to draw more than him.


The pumpkin was drawn the next day. Always fun to use some colour.

I used watercolour pencils for this water jug. Everything turned out pretty well aside from the darkness inside the jug - a bit too dark.


I don't love these birds but I did them. I have to do them again in another medium. Ink just did not work for me here. I did them left handed, does that help??


An aside before the drawings: the winds in Churchill gusted up to 45 knots (and sometimes I know those were longer than gusts!). So that equals around 90 km/hr. That is nutty! So the coat that I brought that would have sufficed it in around 0 to -3 C, just did NOT cut it most times. Thankfully there was a jacket I could borrow for all the other times.

Okay, now onto Churchill drawings. As I said, nothing out of the ordinary. The first night we went to a bar where a Celtic band was playing. Lots of fun! I hadn't drawn yet & had my small sketch book with me so I very quickly drew the room - it was really late & it's very 'cartoony'. I don't care, I did it!! Perhaps I should add colour...


The rest are pretty self explanatory. The first one is me looking into my compact mirror (drew in pencil), then I drew my right hand with my left hand (pencil), then "Ash" the cat (ink), my friend's boyfriend (pencil - not a good likeness) & the back of the plane chairs on my way from YWG to YYC today. Whew. I was behind!!
Note to self: next time I travel don't bring everything with me. I only used my small sketch book, pencils & ink. Longer trip perhaps bring more but a short trip, no need to load up with art supplies. I had enough camera gear to load me down already!

365-35 001365-36 001



365-37 001

365-38&39 001

No comments:

Post a Comment