Sunday, November 21, 2010

chilly day

This week has been a chilly one here in Calgary. Amazing the contrast to last weekend when we were hiking!
Today it was -16C when I was out in search of a subject or two for my photography course I'm taking. I drove one place near the river but was uninspired by the fact that it is a cloudy day & so I promptly drove back home. I decided to do a wander around the park across the road to see if anything jumped at me.
There is (due to the cold) an abandoned playground with swings, jungle gym & slide. There was a bit of colour so took a few shots (not really submitting them though...)

winter park


Here is one I did submit - needed line & texture in foreground. This shot more or less covers both - the wood post is textured & the fence itself creates a line.

nov 20, 2010


Last night I actually pulled out paint. This is what I ended up with. It looks better in person. It's a garden of poppies. I took the photo this way so I could potentially use a shot for my photo class. Still unsure of my other 2 submissions at this point.

365-70

No comments:

Post a Comment