Monday, May 4, 2020

flowers and colours

What I have been doing lately when learning from YouTube is that I watch the video then go back and just leave the video where I want to reference it. So Thursday I found another YouTube video which I decided to follow. I downloaded the outline and did my best.
All around I am happy with the results. The gal in the video uses liquid water colours and I wonder if that is why her pigments are stronger. It is either that, or I am using too much water!
Iris
I used a similar technique to make this painting of a daffodil. I did not follow any instruction at all for this one (yay!). The more I look at it, the more I like it. This one I sent to my mother for a Mother's Day card. I hope she doesn't read this before she receives the card!
daffodil
And I did paint the rainbow dandelion again for my friend's birthday card and she loved it! I called the card "make a wish" since I view the scattering seeds as plants for her birthday wish. I may like her card more than the original one I made. 
When I saw her yesterday, I showed her a few of the other paintings I have completed and she wants one of the iris so I will make that one again for her. 

And lastly, I did finish the tree by adding colour to it. I feel it turned out rather well all around. I call it the "Chakra tree" due to the person for who it's meant and due to the colours used.
chakra tree
It has been a great week of water colour paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment