Wednesday, April 29, 2020

cards

I am putting together a group thank you card for a friend and I thought of an idea for the card yesterday. I had a few others which I did sketch out (did not post) and the one I thought of yesterday is what I am going with.
Basically, I thought of a tree with a rainbow around it somehow. So yesterday when I was out for my walk, I took a photo of a tree (no leaves yet in Calgary!). I did the drawing of the tree last night.

before leaves
Add caption
I think it turned out really well! The actual tree is a bit taller than this shows and it doesn't matter. When I thought to add a rainbow to this, I thought of a circular rainbow somehow and hadn't nailed down how to do that part. This tree is drawn with India ink on water colour paper. The ink itself is waterproof.
Today I was looking on YouTube for ways to do a rainbow and found a video of a rainbow dandelion. I gave it a whirl and LOVE it! 😍

rainbow dandelion
I will do something like this on the tree. I am also going to do this again for a friend's birthday card. I love all the colours and how fun it was to paint! 💙💚💛💜💕

No comments:

Post a Comment