Wednesday, April 1, 2020

as promised

♩♪ Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to meeeeee... ♪♩

Today has been a great day of learning, catching up with people, and doing a sketch! I am really happy with how it turned out (the day and the sketch).

curly grass

The lighting of the image is not great since I simply used my phone to take the image. It will do for here.
This was drawn on toned gray paper (which does not look grey in the image) and I have a white charcoal pencil which really helps the highlights pop! It looks very close to the actual piece of grass that I picked up. I have not drawn on this paper before and I have not used the white pencil either. 

Well done!💥 (Clearly I just found the emojis.)

If you are at all interested in the history of April Fool's Day, take a look at the post I did back in 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Great sketch of grass blade. Rather exquisite! Love the structure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous drawing!! Happy belated Birthday!!!!❤️

    ReplyDelete