Thursday, April 23, 2020

Scotland photo

I have this photo that a friend of mine took of me in Scotland back in 2007. I have attempted to draw it on many occasions and even used pastel once. Something about it is "off" every time I draw it.
The other day I was looking through some of my old sketchbooks wondering if I had a water colour small sketchbook. Instead, I found an old Moleskine sketchbook and some old photos placed within the pages. One of the photos was a cropped version of the above mentioned image from Scotland. I suddenly found myself drawing it once again within this found sketchbook. So when I asked years ago if it would be the last time I drew it, clearly the answer is no.
I worked on it for a couple days. The first day I managed to do the complete sketch and found that the eyes were too large so I modified them the next day, darkened a few areas, and fixed the mouth. It is not complete and I may go back to it and actually finish it. I only used a 2H pencil for this sketch. I did decided to skip the sunglasses on my head.

Something is still off with the sketch. I think it is the eyes or maybe it's the nose (is the nose too short?). I do not want to redraw the nose. I have it open on my desk so I will inevitably see it again and adjust it further. Perhaps if I add proper shadows, it will look like the image; the one eye on the right it too bright since it is shadow in the image. 
I will update once I finalize it or draw it yet again! 💛💜💚




No comments:

Post a Comment