Saturday, April 4, 2020

bored

Drawing the same thing everyday, clearly does not work for my drawing style or maybe just me in general. The fellow who was following that idea drew cartoon-type drawings. I believe he said he lasted for a month before he was bored and well done! I was bored after two days.; albeit, my drawing style is not cartoon-like, nor am I stating that cartoons are easy to draw.

Last night I drew this angle of my hand and if you have seen my hands, the scale is off.
I don't love it. Why? Because I felt like drawing something else. It quite sketchy which is okay since it is a sketch. I used a Pilot V-pen in violet. It is a fine tip pen, which I like, but it is not ideal for drawings. Maybe I need to practice. I am using a Bateman 6x9 sketchbook for the paper. 

So, what's next?

I picked up some dried leaves on one of my walks. (I seem to pick up stuff along my journeys!) It has been on my counter waiting for me to drawing it for easily a month. I drew it tonight. (The angle of the photo of the actual leaves is off since I moved them to take the shot.) I used the Pentel Color Brush Colour Brush - Pentel and the Bateman sketchbook again. And, I love it! I am getting used to using this pen. I may draw the leaves again with graphite. We will see when that will be. 😀

dried leaves              

1 comment: