Anyhoo, during this course she mentioned doing a wet on wet technique then applying salt to give it a spattered look in the wash. With what I wanted to do yesterday, I wanted that look for the background. Since I only have "good" Redmond's Real Salt, I decided to use sugar. Will this work?? In the end, it did work BUT the piece ends up being a bit sticky. It is dry now so it really doesn't matter. I feel that the sugar also clumps together more than salt does. I will try salt and report back on that hypothesis.
With everything going on in the world today, I have been reading and following many spiritual type sites, videos, and people. I have known about the Merkaba(h) for quite some time and it has come up again recently. Mer-ka-bah: Mer means light; ka means spirit; and ba(h) means body so Merkabah means spirit light body. It combines two tetrahedrons (sun and earth) and each spins in opposing directions from one another.
![]() |
| This is the basics of a Merkaba(h) |
![]() |
| and my sugar background 😊 |
All around, I am happy with the background. It is what I wanted. I promise to try the technique with salt and sugar side by side and post my findings.
I made this card for a friend; she is where the inspirations came from to draw a Merkaba(h) in the first place. She spoke about filling our light body during one of her videos. I immediately thought of a single water colour that I bought from Mona Lisa Artists' Materials (they do not seem to have a website).
The paint I bought is by The Stoneground Paint Co. and the colour I bought is Pearl. I also used this colour when I made the birthday card for my friend at the end of March. I mixed it with other water colours previously and this time I used it on its own. I was not sure how well it would show against white. All around, it can be seen well.
The paint I bought is by The Stoneground Paint Co. and the colour I bought is Pearl. I also used this colour when I made the birthday card for my friend at the end of March. I mixed it with other water colours previously and this time I used it on its own. I was not sure how well it would show against white. All around, it can be seen well.
I have been using these Winsor & Newton Water Colour Postcards that my sister bought me years ago. I used them for the birthday card mentioned above as well as back in December when I made a few snowmen cards for friends I was visiting over the holidays.



No comments:
Post a Comment