Sunday, April 19, 2020

candy

When I go to a restaurant, I rarely eat the candies they give with the bill. When I was at The Keg back in February with a friend of mine, she ate one of the candies and I took one for "later". I actually thought even then, that I would draw it. That is what I did last night.

I was sitting back from the candy so the actual angle of the photo is off for the subject itself since I saw it more from the side rather than the top. When I take a photo of a subject, I do my best to avoid wonky shadows.
I did not bother with the words on the wrapper. If I do this again in colour, I could do the lettering too. 
I decided to draw this with my left hand and I have to say it turned out really well. I like drawing with my left hand every now and then. You'd think it would take longer to do a drawing with my non dominate hand and it didn't. This was a quick sketch; definitely less than a half hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment