Thursday, April 16, 2020

not perfect

...and I still like it.

As I watched another YouTube video, I decided to follow along. I did not do every flower that the artist created on the video; I had a small piece of paper and I really just wanted to see if I could get the hang of it.
Two things I noticed: The brush that I used seems to hold more water than the artist's brush held which caused me to fuss a bit more; and the yellow that I have does not stand out well on the darker tones like the video which may be due to the quality of the paints that I am using. I am using Winsor and Newton paints and perhaps a lower grade, I really don't know.
My two favourite flowers are the top left and the orange one. The others have either harsh edges or the blending is poor. The bottom flower I added at the last minute and it was not really needed (nor did it turn out well!).

I will definitely do this again and use a different brush to see if that helps me.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment