I went with a friend, awhile ago, to a farm to buy some potatoes and carrots. Basically, we could fill a large white plastic pail with a combination of potatoes and carrots for only $15. Great deal! I only bought one pail's worth since I am only one person and due to that fact, I cannot eat them fast enough. I cannot recall when we went; it was easily 5 weeks ago. So! The potatoes are growing. Good on them, searching for soil. I had two grocery bags full of potatoes and one bag full of carrots. I am down to about half of one grocery bag of potatoes and less than half of the carrots.
So, when I pulled out the bag of potatoes the other day, I noticed that they were shooting off roots. I popped off all of the roots except for two of the potatoes so I could draw them. I thought they would be an interesting subject to draw. Now that I think of it, I could have taken a shot of the growing bag of potatoes! Oh well, too late now.
![]() |
| growing potatoes |
This image is quite grey and faint and I don't know why. Either way, all I can say is that the shadows of the one potato are off (on the left) and I could not fix it. I do not like erasing anyway.
I am happy that I drew them! My one friend said I should plant them. "Where?" I asked ...no reply. It is zero Celsius out there right now; yes, it is April 15, kids. I may just pop off those roots and eat them for dinner tonight!


No comments:
Post a Comment