After all that, I was looking through a couple old sketchbook that I used when I did my 365 creative project back in 2010/11. I liked the size of the sketchbooks for quick drawings and sketches. So what do I do? I go to Amazon and look for a sketchbook of the same type and size. And what do I see when I go on the site? A sketchbook style that I already own and rarely use! So, enough shopping. Use what I have.
![]() |
| I received this as a gift in 2015 |
This sketchbook is not small like the ones I was looking through and the paper is not the same weight. I still love it! I used it tonight for a sketch of a dried gerbera daisy. For some reason I like drying out flowers and drawing them. I figure they can still be appreciated even though they are no longer "alive". Some flowers dry in a very interesting way. This one dried around the small vase I placed it in once it drooped over in the other vase where it was placed initially.
I used the a 3H lead for the initial placement of things then used my Micron ink felt tip pens in black, violet, and yellow (various sized tips). The vase is actually quite short. My sister made it in one of her pottery classes and gave it to me (as well as another one in brown). I use this yellow one quite often since yellow is one of my favourite colours. 💛



No comments:
Post a Comment