Monday, May 14, 2012

before I moved on

My last morning in Amsterdam (before I left for the airport to go to Stavanger, Norway) I did a couple sketches. It's the same bridge in two different mediums. This canal was right outside of my hotel. I sat on the edge of the sidewalk & decided to sketch since I did have my sketchbook with me after all & I hadn't used it by this point. canal graphite 001



canal ink brush 001

I find the ink brush pen really fun to use. I did the bottom sketch pretty quick then went for a walkabout.

Nancy Stals self portrait AMS Here I am as I was wandering. I have other images of me which are likely better but I'm looking away from the camera (as I often do on self portraits). I'm out of practice with these type of shots; I need to start hiking again!

No comments:

Post a Comment