While we waited for Tracey to show up, Ryan & I dropped off his car then walked around "downtown" Stavanger - not downtown like you'd think in a larger centre. It was so quaint though. We walked around for a bit then went for ONE drink. Apparently, drinking on any level then getting behind the wheel is 100% unacceptable behaviour in Norway (or at least Stavanger). Let me add this, I do not condone drinking & driving on any level but having one drink & not jumping behind the wheel right away, should be ok. Perhaps we are too lax in Canada or it's just what I'm used to.
I digress...

There once was a sticker on the post with the rope above which I managed to Photoshop™ out quite well! The piece on the right was in the restaurant we went to the first night for dinner. Never do the math to convert currencies in Norway or you just won't eat!
The first full day (which was the only day we could do this) my sister & I went on a fjord tour. Funny, before we went, Ryan said that nothing compares to the Canadian Rockies & that it was all water & rocks. How true. My sister has an image of me on the return journey to Stavanger & I look pretty bored. I want her to put in a thought bubble that reads "water & rocks". (:
Needless to say, I was pretty ruthless with my images & tossed likely more than I kept. All I was saying to myself while looking at the images was: boring, so I deleted them. No story, not keeping; well, I kept a few and here they are: (a few more on Flickr™)
![]() |
| At least I'm in this one. |
![]() |
| water & rocks! |

The end of the journey was at Preikestolen before we turned around & headed back to Stavanger. It was interesting to be under the 25m x 25m cliff when I was hiking up there the next day!




Yeah, I said a similar thing about being ruined by the Rockies... I still think the fjords were very scenic though. Nice photos and I really like the ones of when you went to Pulpit Rock!
ReplyDelete