Friday, May 18, 2012

Preikestolen

I changed my profile picture since the one I had before was just too dark. It was literally one of me looking in the mirror while I took it & was why I use it initially but since it was so dark, I changed it to the one I use everywhere else.

The following day Ryan & I hiked Preikestolen. It was a miserable morning (raining & heavy cloud cover) but I was bound & determined to hike that hike. It was the only day to do it since we were leaving for Bergen the next morning for an overnight then off to Riga. I always say: focus on sunshine & it will be. Well, I didn't focus early enough. Ryan was a trooper & took me anyway (after he worked the morning which was likely better for weather). I did check the forecast at Preikestolen before we left & it said it was to clear at 18:00 and I swear, if we had actually waited, it would have! How odd.

low cloud

on edge25mx25m



















I love the heavy cloud cover in these shots. We were the only ones up there when we reached the cliff - quite a few others coming down when we were hiking up. It was raining but not heavily at this point & my feet were soaked! It was nice to be the only ones up there (me & my photographer!). I have to mention that I F'ed up. I gave my 7D to Ryan to take images of me up there & the dammed thing was on MANUAL focus. Dammit! Totally my fault. So the images are a bit blurry & I'm kinda annoyed but oh well! Any photos without me in them are taken by yours truly.

looking over
Looking over the edge (my S95, that is).

nancy stals arms up
See? Blurry. Grrrr....


tiny boat

at bottom
How it was once we reached the bottom. Clear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment