Sunday, September 26, 2010

Edgar + modern

I have this print I bought from Ikea years ago & I have always wanted to copy it. It is Edgar Degas' La Toilette. His is done with pencil so I started with that. I am happy with this even though some of the proportions are a bit off. I'll give it another go some other time.

365-14 001

It is interesting how the scanner changes things. The dark parts of her back aren't so rigid looking - like her spine does not look line a LINE down her back.

So, to do something totally different, I sketched a building today. When my sister & one girl friend of ours go to sketch, we often sketch buildings. This was done with H lead so that's why it is so light. I should outline it with ink but to be honest, I don't feel like it. Tell me if you can even see the drawing & if I have to, I'll darken it.
The perspective is pretty good but I took way too long to do this. I need to learn to be a bit more relaxed & not to try to be so perfect - cuz as we know, nothing is perfect!

365-15 001

Ok, so I can see it's difficult to actually make out. I will darken it later & post it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment