Wednesday, September 22, 2010

right handed!

I am in week two! Hurray!

I find it interesting how I see things now that I'm to draw everyday. If I haven't drawn yet & it's getting later on in the day, I look around trying to find something interesting to draw or something that has great shadows, or...I don't know how to explain it, I just look around in a different way.
So far, all I've been doing is drawing. I do want to paint as well; I just haven't sorted out a subject. I have a year so I'm sure it'll come to pass eventually!

I have two pin cushion which a girl friend bought me in Peru many years ago. I find them really cute! I leaned one against my colour pencil package (so they would be more visible) which I drew lightly in the background.

365-9 001

Here's a little close up of the centre face. I was playing with my 100mm macro lens & actually used a tripod.

027

Yesterday I was at a restaurant waiting for my friend to meet me. I brought my sketch book with me since I hadn't completed my drawing of the day by the time I left the house. Thinking I could draw perhaps the interior of this new place but I ended up sitting in front of an orchid. Instead of the little faces, I drew the leaves.

365-10 001

Here are a few photos I took a couple weeks ago that I really love the colour of. I was sketching that day but I also brought my camera.

012     003

Perhaps this could be the subject for a future painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment