Thursday, September 30, 2010

nearly a week

Ok, so I haven't posted since Sunday. I will be at a course all weekend starting tomorrow so I don't promise to draw everyday & if I do, I may be drawing my hand over & over!!

Monday I was at a loss as to what to draw. It was later in the evening & I truly wasn't in the mood. I looked at myself in the mirror & decided AGAINST a self portrait. I do need to practice faces so I have this resin face of David on my dresser. I hated this dwg until I added shading with pencil. Now, it's not awful! I drew it left handed probably cuz I wasn't in the mood to draw at all.

365-16 001

I know I also need to draw fabric so I laid out out one of my scarves & just drew a portion of it. I really like this one although it looks like an abstract image without any subject. It almost looks like crumpled paper.


365-17 001


Last night again I was home - I'll likely draw everything in my house within the year (more than once!!). I have this little seal (as well as a dolphin & whale tail) in aluminum (?). I just thought I'd try it. I think a line drawing at a later date will work best for this subject. He looks blurry.

365-18 001

Today I was out sketching with my sister. We went to the Stampede grounds where the Cirque du Soleil tents are set up. I was rushing through initially & I truly do not love what I came up with in the coloured images. I did add pencil to them when I got home cuz they were too child-like. Either way, here they all are - 3 images. The last one (no colour) is best since I did not rush.

       

365-19cc 001

The front tent looks a bit lopsided cuz it was actually connected to another tent which I did not have room for.

2 comments:

  1. The definition you added to the colour ones looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go ....I truly think the more we do the better we'll like them...The trailer that the tent is connected to and it's shadow gives a lot of reality to it-definitely the 'circu'(s) has come to town! Fun!

    ReplyDelete