I have this rock that I picked up on a hike back in 2003 or 4. I saw it on the path & saw this face in it right away. I took a photo of it & left it in it's place. I was so impressed with it that I continually spoke of it as we reached the summit. On the way down I spotted it again so one of my companions said to just take it home - we were not in the national park. I said 'no' cuz I didn't want the extra weight! So he took it for me & gave it to me at the bottom. I have had it sitting on my coffee table ever since. I love it when I hand it to someone for the first time & ask them what they see in it. I try to do my best to put it at the angle where you can actually see the 'face' & fly away hair-do. Cracks me up.
I have drawn this rock often & normally don't add the reflection on the granite coffee table.
Last night I was out for an impromptu glass of vino with a friend & then a bite with another friend. By the time I got home, I had not draw anything & had no idea what to draw. I saw the glass head I have that holds my tiley hat on it & thought it would be fun to try - cuz it's see through glass. I found it quite tough & I think it's because I used pen & ink instead of pencil. The hat turned out well but the face looks like man with big lips! I'll have to give it another go with pencil or colour pencil. I did it left handed for no real reason.
Funny! I actually have a piece of concrete I found that looks like a face up on our fridge. I told Tree he's our new roommate. .... he doesn't pay any rent though.
ReplyDelete