Calgary Stampede officially started yesterday but really starts earlier & earlier every year it seems. There is always 'sneak a peek' at the grounds Thursday night but the parade & the official start is always the first Friday of the first full week of July (providing that Canada Day does not fall within the first weekend or lands on the first Friday of July).
In any case, I have taken my Stampede gear out & was going to wear my Smithbilt cowboy hat yesterday but in the end chose my cheap straw hat since it doesn't cause me pain. I need to have the Smithbilt hat adjusted so I should do that this week.
Since I had my Smithbilt hat out, I drew it. When a cowboy hat is stored, it is stored upside down (on the crown) as to not damage the brim. I always keep them that when when I take them off so the Smithbilt hat was in that position when I noticed the lighting & decided to draw it. Turned out pretty well. I used the sepia light leads since the hat is brown. Seemed fitting - more dated looking using the sepia light leads.

No comments:
Post a Comment