Wednesday, July 27, 2011

typical

When I draw something with graphite, there are times when the scan reads lighter than it actually appears in the sketchbook. My scanner must not pick up on everything. Oh well.

I was engrossed in quite a few articles on gold & silver last night & as usual, hadn't drawn anything before I started reading. I didn't really know what to draw cuz I was at home and as I've mentioned before, I feel as though I've drawn everything in my place - which of course is not at all the case. I realized, I have drawn everything that interests me in my place. Since I was really searching for a subject I drew the pocket of the shorts I was wearing. I noticed it as I was brushing my teeth & thought I could draw the zipper. The zipper would have caused me to stand & draw so I chose to sit & see what I see. I saw the pocket & the decorative piece that looks like another small buttoned pocket and that's what I drew.
365-318dkr

The viewpoint is from me looking down at my pants so the belt loop is at the bottom of the sheet & the pocket goes up from there. I originally had uploaded the lighter image & have since change the exposure in Photoshop™ so the image can be seen. The paper is not grey & the scan is not grey but at least this way the drawing is showing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment