Last night was the Stampede Round Up at Fort Calgary. I have gone every year since I moved here or at least I can't think of a year I missed.
I know the people who hire the talent which is great since they are kind enough to give me a VIP pass into the Sleeman's tent. I had a conversation last night stating that I didn't know if I'd attend if I had to be out in the masses (18,000+ people?). It seems like chaos but it likely really isn't. It's always fun since most of my friends are also there (in the VIP tent too) and I'm sure we have the same photos every year we go - us in our cowboy gear, just different get ups from year to year.
Yesterday I didn't have time to draw so I brought my camera to the event. In more recent years I have just used my phone but since I bought the Canon S95, I figured I'd take it along since it fits into my pocket and takes much better photographs. My photographer friend said that I may be surprised how much I use it. I know, never doubt.
The last two were enhanced & modified using Photoshop™.



No comments:
Post a Comment