She had a suggestion to draw the Ukrainian Catholic Church of Assumption in NE Calgary. (I didn't know the name of the church until she looked up the address.) It has these copper domes on the top & it is a beautiful church (for Calgary).
As we were sketching, she used a box to layout how large the drawing will be - more or less. Basically, the bulk of the subject would be within the box & add from there. This way, you don't draw too large. Brilliant really. This is not the first time I've been told this by her & I actually tried it & it certainly helps! Keeps you within the page you're using.
Here is an image for reference:
This turned out well. I was having some trouble with perspective for some reason but fixed it. Domes are not easy and I was happy to practice.


No comments:
Post a Comment