Wednesday, June 22, 2011

in reserve

When I bought the last bouquet of flowers a few weeks ago, the gerbera daisies keeled over quite quickly so as mentioned, I cut them off & put them in martini glasses. This worked perfectly, I must add.
That day, I set up a small table with a white sheet to give me a neutral backdrop and took photos of it. I took quite a few but really liked this image - I used my flash to get the reflection on the sheet.
365-283
Of course, it is not as white as the sheet is but is anything really white?

Today, I was reading an email I get from PPSOP on photography tips & there was an image showing that I liked. The email did not speak of this technique specifically but I thought I'd try it myself anyway - not really knowing much about Photoshop™. What I did is clearly not what this other person did but it was fun just the same.
365-284

I do have a CS5 book so I'll have to look up how to use masking properly. My sister has told me but I don't remember anymore. Plus, I may Google how to do this technique better. It's almost as though you have a white paper & you use say water on a paintbrush to paint out the photograph. It looked pretty cool when I saw it. Now to learn how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment