I still have the bouquet of flowers I bought 2 Fridays ago. The mums & daisies seem to last the longest. The gerberas have since been removed, cut & placed in martini glasses as vases. The gerberas really look great that way. They drooped after only a few days & since the stem was the issue, cutting them off proved to be the ideal solution. The head of the gerbera fits perfectly in a martini glass too.
I chose to draw one of the spider mums in the bouquet last night. Well, I started drawing it & changed to watercolour alone since I planned to use watercolour anyway & drawing it first ended up being a bit daunting. The spider mum is quite pretty. There are 3 of them in the bouquet. I wonder how they end up with purple tips though.
I added the daisy & the other flower (not sure what it is) to give more to the painting. The mum turned out better than I thought it would initially. I wasn't sure how to portray white so I used a shade of grey.

No comments:
Post a Comment