Monday, June 6, 2011

it's up to me

I bought another bouquet of flowers yesterday. There just aren't enough flowers near my place plus I like having them in my house. This bouquet has great colours in it - fuschia, purple, blue (yes, blue), green, & pink which are all offset by white. Nice.
Drawing this last night, I knew I would want to colour it but I figured I'd wait until today so I can post both stages. I will say that this drawing is off - I seem to say that a lot! I should just take my time & draw what I see. You'd think after this long I would have learned by now. Nope. I'm always in a hurry it seems.
365-267

I have since coloured the above line drawing with watercolour pencils, watercolour wash & added white pencil crayon for the highlights as well as the underside of the petals. I meshed these two days together into one post due to a conversation I had today which really firmed up (in my mind) what I said earlier today in this post. I rush through drawings/paintings. There is no need for that. When I started this creative journey I never said I was going to do a sketch/photo per day but that's how it's more or less turning out. I think that's what my friends (or whomever I tell about it) interpreted from what I said I was doing which is: doing something creative everyday for a year. That does not equal a completed sketch/drawing/photo everyday. It means being creative everyday. So if that means I take a week to do a really good drawing/painting/photo gig, so be it.
365-268

I don't have much time left with this personal project. It's time to slow down & really enjoy what I am doing & not do it out of any sort of obligation.

My sister said to me quite sometime ago that they're my rules. I don't know that I ever had rules persay but I did have an idea in my head when I started doing this. It was/is supposed to be fun not a chore first & foremost. I wanted to get back to my creativity (not work related) and just see where I end up after 365 days. Well, I'm at 268 & I finally get it.
Nance, do what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment