Sunday, June 12, 2011

sparrow

I was at a friend's cabin overnight Friday & Saturday. It is near Vulcan, AB.

Vulcan, funny little town. They have totally milked the whole Vulcan thing from Star Trek. It's funny. My friend & I went into town to grab some misc items & wandered around a bit since I'd never been before.
365-273 vulcan1
I was trying to avoid the cars in front of this building.
Then we were 'window' shopping. These totally cracked me up.
365-273 vulcan2
We were done wandering around the 'city centre' in likely 10 minutes, if that. I did have to stop to have my photo taken beside Spock.
Again, funny! OH, I did end up with a pair of Spock ears before we left. Couldn't resist.

Here is the drawing I did as well. This was done FAST cuz it was incredibly windy on Saturday. Due to the wind, it was chilly out. There is a baby sparrow in this feeder. He/she poked its head out quite a few times on Saturday but mostly on Sunday since the wind was gone.
365-273

This is an image I took today as I was patiently waiting for the mother & father of the baby sparrow to feed it. Every time I walked to get closer with my camera, they took off. I only brought my S95 & not my 7D. Next time, 7D with 70-200 lens.
365-274 birdie
You can see the male sparrow in the tree to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment