Thursday, June 23, 2011

fabrication

I was out tonight & got home wanting to use colour. I thought of practicing for the baby portrait I have yet to start in colour but that seemed too daunting since I've had a headache for most of the day. *sigh* It's basically gone now but I'm tired.
As I was walking up the stairs in my condo, I looked at my sister's photo she gave me for a Christmas gift. I haven't hung it up yet so it sits on the floor in my hallway. Not sure where it's home is yet. In any case, it inspired me to do something more abstract. I had my soft pastels in my hand and just took my 8.5x11 sketchbook out & started to create something. It was very relaxing to just draw without drawing from life or a photograph.
365-285

It almost looks like I'm looking in an aquarium. Soft colours with a hint of the stronger redish tone. I like how this turned out. I even sprayed it with a workable fixative to ensure it doesn't smudge against the other page in the sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment