Monday, June 27, 2011

lions & tigers...no bears

Saturday I went to the zoo with a girlfriend of mine who is there almost weekly with her job - she is a nanny. I was invited through a realtor I am dealing with & I asked her to join me. I was thinking it would be nice for her to go without having to pay attention to children the entire time she's there. We had a great time!
First things first. Tiger. He was up & pacing around. Now, I'm not one to go to the zoo just due to the animals not being in their natural habitat but I will admit, seeing a Tiger that close & who is just so beautiful, was fantastic. It's not as though I've never seen a Tiger before. I just didn't have my 70-200 f/2.8 L series IS II lens back then (that's a mouthful). Amazing what a quality lens will take photos of - yes, I did have something to do with it too. (:

365-287a

Here are some other shots: some of the birds you often see at a zoo & then there's butterflies!! The butterflies were tough to capture! I used my 100mm f/2.8 IS macro lens for the butterfly shots.

365-287b
365-287c
365-287d
365-287e
365-287f
Atlas butterfly - huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment