Friday, June 3, 2011

the chuck

Why is Edmonton called the chuck? I was told once that it was because there are so many Ukranian people living there. Not sure if that is accurate...

In any case, I was in Edmonton to see the U2 concert Wednesday night. Wow! A truly amazing show. I'd see them again in a heart beat. Totally worth the 6 hours of driving in 24 hours. Thankfully, I have friends to stay with for the overnight. Otherwise, my girlfriend & I would have been sleeping in Bennie (my car). There's no way we would have found a hotel room at such sort notice.
We had a couple of glasses of vino at my girlfriend's house (where we stayed) then we found out she was going to the concert too so her hubby drove us both there & picked us up too. How fantastic is that?!? (:
s p n
no-one took this photo

365-263a
fun from my angle
365-263b
the stage

365-263d
Bono near the end of the concert. Fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment