Tuesday, June 21, 2011

a gift

I was in a course all weekend so my time to work on something creative was limited. I did start this drawing on Thursday & continued to work on it all weekend as well as last night. It isn't even close to complete yet. I was planning to wait until I was further along before I posted but it has been 5 days & it is at a stage where you can see what I'm up to.

This is drawn from a photograph I took last week & this drawing will be a gift to the parents once it's complete. I planned to add colour but I am afraid I'll wreck it! I sent it to my sister to critique since it's tough sometimes to look at your own work. I am happy with it so far. I even turned it upside down which certainly helps me.

I'm hoping the parents of this baby do not view my blog regularly so they don't see this right now. If they do though, it's totally great. But for those of you who know them, I'll ask you to not encourage them to look. Stumbling over it by accident is different. (: She has her parents in town so I'm thinking she'll be busy.

365-278 279 280 281 282 drkr

This is graphite in my 11x14 sketchbook. The scan was too light so I darkened it in Photoshop™ which is why there are odd tones in the corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment