Monday, August 1, 2011

always the same

I keep things for a long time. I rarely toss things away & only give them away if I am not using them anymore. I have this single stem vase that I've had for likely 12+ years. I always seem to say 10 years but it's actually longer than that most of the time. If I had it in Thunder Bay, then it's more like 12+ years since I left in 1999.

This particular vase holds a single stem of whatever flower. It's glass or crystal, I'm not 100% sure and I love it. It has around it's stem an ornament that looks like a corkscrew but this ornament could never be used as a corkscrew without being the one & only time it's used for that purpose. I've always had this ornament dangling from the stem of this vase since I bought it, which was after I already owned the vase. Not sure how it found it's home there but it did.

365-322

I started this drawing with graphite & then chose to finish it with ink pens.
I like looking at clear glass to see what shapes you see with what's in the background. Everything here was elongated aside from the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment