Yesterday, 5 of us hiked Burstall Pass in Kananaskis. It was a beautiful easy hike and it was a great day for it; sun shining & not too hot. When we reached the pass, there was a sign saying that anyone passing the sign was entering into Banff National Park & that permits were required if you were passing the sign. Are you kidding me? I need a park pass to walk into the park? Well, the park pass stays in the car where I/we always thought it belonged. There was a number to call with any question yet there's no service up there. Needless to say we ignored it. We didn't go beyond the pass but were in Banff National Park for part of our fun.
Since I have seen snow at the top of every hike I've been on this year & my girlfriend from the UK had never made a snow angel in her entire life, I said we were going to make snow angels in the patch of snow that was up there. She was concerned about the shape of the snow - wondering if it would be too hard to actually make said snow angels. I was the first to the snow & was happy to report the the snow was soft & perfect for a few snow angels. Four out of 5 of us partook in the snow angel creations. What a giggle.
![]() |
| my angel |
![]() |
| my friend's angel |
She can no longer say she's never made a snow angel. I guess she really is on her way to being a Canadian! Making snow angels in August no less. (:




No comments:
Post a Comment