Tuesday, August 30, 2011

no smoking

I have never been a smoker. I tried it way back in high school but it never took, thankfully. Both my sisters & even my younger my brother smoked. My sisters have long since quit & I have no idea about my brother. I can't picture him smoking anyway so hopefully he has quit too.
When I was thinking about this post, I remembered this email quiz that I was given years ago which asked which way the diagonal line of the no smoking sign goes. Is it right to left or left to right? Most people think it goes right to left but it actually goes left to right - just as if you were reading in any Latin based language. The cigarette symbol can be modified slightly but otherwise, they're all pretty similar.

Regardless of all that, I drew a box of matches last night. I like wooden matches. I think I like them because they normally come in some nice little boxes & they light easily. I generally grab a box whenever I see them at restaurants which, let me add, is rare now-a-days. The last ones I picked up were over a year ago when I was in Vancouver with my previous boyfriend. Matchboxes are handy to keep around since that way I can be reminded of where to go on a future visit to Vancouver. I didn't go to either of them this time, but the restaurants are still there so I'll shoot for next time!

365-352

No comments:

Post a Comment