Wednesday, August 10, 2011

bark

When we hiked on Sunday, I was taking photos of some macro stuff with my S95 camera - I chose not to take my 7D with me. The S95 works pretty well all around for a 'point & shoot'.

I was posting all the images from the hikes I did over the weekend & noticed one of the images I took of the tree bark which I didn't post for the Sunday hike (I posted another shot). I really liked the bark shots so I drew one of them with markers. This drawing took awhile & I was getting a bit light headed by the time I stopped. The smell is pretty strong from the markers I have.


My first thought is always to use graphite so I chose to use colour instead. Using markers proved not to be an easy task. Perhaps I can do something similar with coloured pencils. Or maybe add to this one with coloured pencils. I've done that before & the coloured pencils add some sharpness to the drawing. Otherwise markers tend to look a bit 'cartoony' to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment